Preparing for a Bathroom Renovation
In my last two blogs, I suggested how you can start planning a kitchen renovation or a new home office while you’re self-isolating, or now being “safer-at-home.” This month, I will focus on bathrooms:
FLOORING & LAYOUT
- Are you happy with your bathroom’s current layout, or are you in need of a full renovation (including demolishing)?
- Do you want an additional source of natural light (if possible) in your updated bathroom?
- Are you satisfied with the flooring in your bathroom? Or, would you prefer a different look, feel, or practicality?
The answers to the above questions will give you a good understanding of the basic layout and groundwork for your bathroom renovation.
SHOWERS & TUBS
- Do you want a stand-alone tub and a walk-in shower in your bathroom? Or, do you prefer a shower-only or a shower/tub combo?
- What kind of showerhead does your current bathroom have, and are you happy with it? Would you like to upgrade to a showerhead with multiple spray options, or one that comes with adjustable height? Do you prefer a narrow spray from the wall or a wider rainfall spray from above?
- In the shower, do you want to add a bench or a bath stool?
The shower and tub are the most important features of your bathroom, so take time to think about these decisions and choose options that will make your bathing experience functional and fun.
VANITIES, SINKS, & TOILETS
- Are you happy with a single sink vanity, or do you prefer to have a couple’s double sink vanity in your master bathroom?
- Have you given thought to what kind of sink(s) you want in your bathroom? Popular styles include pedestal, wall-mounted, vessel, etc.
- Do you want to upgrade your standard toilet to one with a heated seat, water spray, and drying vacuum for year-round comfortable and cleanliness?
Your answers to these questions will determine how products are sourced to meet your needs.
- Are you happy with how much storage you have in your bathroom?
- Would a different style of storage better fit your needs?
All of the above decisions will enable you to plan your bathroom renovation and give you a detailed understanding of what you need. Once these decisions are made, the next step is to bring your needs to us so that we can execute the renovation and create the bathroom of your dreams.
Don’t worry if you can’t arrive at a decision or have more questions. We will be happy to guide you through difficult decisions and offer clarity on any questions you might have. We’re here to listen to your needs and translate them into the bathroom of your dreams.
For example, check out this artistic-themed bathroom that we created for one of our clients:
Ready to begin your Denver area bathroom renovation?
The first step is to call me at 720-735-7533. We can then arrange to use FaceTime or Zoom for face-to-face video calls, allowing for a touch-free design and remodeling experience. Or, we can use masks and make it an in-person meeting.
Related: 6 Bathroom Trends for the new year.